Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Ocean Projects - Makeover Madness


I'm blessed to join a group of teachers all in the same challenge…to improve our TPT products {#TPTSellerChallenge}.  This could not come at a more perfect time, as I had already planned to devote much of my summer free time to this.  Yep - teachers work in the summer, too!

I love challenging my sweet Kinder students.  A fun part of our year is doing these Ocean Reports in the spring.  The students have already done a couple of smaller research-type projects, just to get their feet wet.  Plus, it is great at teaching the standards for Reading for Information.  It's a big day in our classroom!  Here's the scoop:

  • I have a list of Ocean animals up on the board…or sometimes I put them in a bucket and they pull out one.  
  • A list of instructions is sent home with the student.  They usually have 2-3 weeks to finish the project, and I have it as the evening homework once or twice.
  • On the day or the reports, parents are invited to attend the special day.  The students are so proud of their hard work and are ready to share their knowledge with anyone who will listen.  
  • We have a few students share their report, sing a quick Ocean song or say a poem - just to get the wiggles out - and then do some more reports.  It really is a great time.

The packet includes several pictures of sample projects.
Snack ideas for the special day!
Click the picture to view the kit.



1 comment:

  1. Your new cover is a huge improvement! The bright colors are so inviting. I love that you invite parents in and have an ocean reports writing celebration. It's a memorable experience for both parents and students. :)

    Alice
    Look Who's in First Grade

    ReplyDelete